We are excited to announce that we will be running a first, public beta test of GameBender over the next couple of months. We are looking for a small group of curious educators to help us test and refine the GameBender software and curriculum design. If you work with kids or teach coding in any way, we would love to get a copy of GameBender in your hands and hear what you think.
As a beta tester you will get:
- Access to ongoing development builds of GameBender
- Sample activities and other instructional material to help you use GameBender
- Connection to a community of other educators sharing their experiences of GameBender and creative coding
A few things to consider:
- This version of GameBender is a beta-test version. Some things might not work quite right on your computer and others might be incomplete since we are still in development.
- The GameBender beta is an app that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. This version will not run on Chromebooks, iPads, phones, or other tablets. We know that many educators use these other devices, and we hope to support some of them in the future.
- We are a small team making something big! Our initial beta tests will have a limited number of slots to make sure that we can give all of the participants the support they need. If we don’t have room for you in the first round, don’t worry, we’ll reach out to you again for the next.
- We need your feedback! Along with the GameBender software and sample activities, we will also be sending you periodic surveys and questions about your experiences using GameBender.
If you are interested, please fill out this short survey. We look forward to hearing from you!